Good job to all husbands and boyfriends who are there for their wife/girlfriend during pregnancy, birth and the whole process .
No-one can ever describe the feeling of being pregnant, having your baby in your arms after working so hard for it together with your husband from the beginning to the end. Planning the pregnancy till the moment of heavy contractions that still forces you to a c-section, feeding your baby naturally etc suffering from pain.
It’s difficult to manage this all without your husband’s / partner’s moral support or you must be the strongest among all of us. Husbands do work hard as well. They keep repeating during birth “I wish I could take over your pain”. Of course we all know this won’t take the pain away, but when they can carry the baby whilst you recover, it’s already a big start. You are trusting them when they can:
- take a baby for a walk whilst you take some time for yourself
- help you during the nights whilst breastfeeding, you don’t have to go out your bed to pick up the baby so he/she can be breastfed, give papa the chance to do that and let him try to sooth the baby first.
- cook or take the other kids for some activities
- clean up, not everyone has parents or in-laws prepared to help, nor enough money to pay a nanny.
- get the chance, not matter how hard headed they are, when they love the baby, they will understand.
The only person who can understand this above combination is the one who went through it, who is willing and those who respect this. There must be some basis of communication and love for this to work out.
This is a message to all men who are not yet at this stage, who think a woman can all do it alone. But a bigger message to all women who like taking control of everything yet they kind of expect help as well.
- Loosen up
- Trust him
- love him
- get some rest
To all women who are still looking, are single please do not hesitate to ask him if he is that kind of a men who puts his pride aside for his family.
Please feel free to contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org for more tips and tricks how to get through to your husband after having children.